Welcome, comrades!

The "Soviet joke," or anekdot , was a common staple of life east of the Iron Curtain. It was common among all walks of life, from ...

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Stalin and Roosevelt giving orders

 While in Yalta, Stalin and Roosevelt are looking over the side of a battleship in the harbor. Eventually, they make a bet about how the American and Soviet men would react to their orders.

Roosevelt goes up to an American seaman and says, "This is an order from your Commander-in-Chief. For the good of the nation, I command you to throw yourself overboard!"

The sailor refuses, saying, "I can't, Mister President, I have a wife and kids back home."

Then, Stalin turns to a Russian sailor and says, "This is an order from your General Secretary. For the good of the Union, I command you to throw yourself overboard!"

The sailor makes for the railing, but Roosevelt grabs a hold of him and asks why.

"I have to, sir, I have a wife and kids back home."

No comments:

Post a Comment