Welcome, comrades!

The "Soviet joke," or anekdot , was a common staple of life east of the Iron Curtain. It was common among all walks of life, from ...

Thursday, November 11, 2021

A Colonel-General approaches Stalin

 A Colonel-General approaches Stalin and asks "Comrade General Secretary, in Germany, I took some... things of interest to me, but they were confiscated at a checkpoint. If possible, I would ask you to get them returned to me."

"I can do that, give me a report and I'll write the resolution for it."

The General pulls out a pre-prepared report from his pocket. Stalin writes on it: “Give the Colonel his things. -J. Stalin."

The General reads it and says "You misspelled, Comrade Stalin. I'm not a Colonel, but a Colonel-General."

"No, everything is correct here, Comrade Colonel."


No comments:

Post a Comment