Welcome, comrades!

The "Soviet joke," or anekdot , was a common staple of life east of the Iron Curtain. It was common among all walks of life, from ...

Monday, November 15, 2021

Brezhnev asks what his opinion is about

 Brezhnev is sitting at his desk, toying with his Lenin Prize for his best-selling trilogy of memoirs.

Mikhail Suslov walks in, and Brezhnev asks him, "Comrade Suslov, have you read my book Malaya Zemlya?"

"Of course. it's a wonderful book, especially for our nation's youth."

"And you're being sincere?"

"Of course, Leonid Ilyich, would I ever lie to you?"

"Good. Then call Kosygin."

Kosygin walks in, and Brezhnev greets him with, "Mikhail Petrovich!"

"I'm not Mikhail Petrovich."

"Damnit. Uh, Pyotr Mikhailovich?"

"I'm not Pyotr Mikhailovich."

"Enough interruptions. Tell me, have you read my book Malaya Zemlya?"

"Of course, I'm rereading it for the third time right now."

Brezhnev dismisses Kosygin, and gets thinking. "Everyone likes my book," he muses as he toys with his Lenin Prize, "Maybe I should read it myself one day."

No comments:

Post a Comment