Welcome, comrades!

The "Soviet joke," or anekdot , was a common staple of life east of the Iron Curtain. It was common among all walks of life, from ...

Saturday, November 13, 2021

An old Bolshevik is dying

 An old Bolshevik is dying, surrounded by some of his close friends.

"I have a confession to make," he tells them. "For years, I've been a police informant. Dmitri? Back in 1921, I was the one who ratted you out to the Cheka and almost had you shot. I hope you forgive me."

"Of course, all is forgiven comrade," says Dmitri.

"Petya? I was the one who testified to the NKVD and got you sent to the gulag in 1937. Please forgive me."

"No hard feelings, you are forgiven," says Petya.

"Misha, I had you sent to a penal battalion in 1942. I feel so terrible about having done that."

"We all forgive you, friend. May you pass in peace," says Misha.

"Thank you all so much for your kindness all these years, I feel so guilty for having betrayed you!" sobs the old man. "I have one request. When I am dead, I want you to take that cactus from the windowsill and shove it up my ass."

The old man passes away, so the friends decide to comply with his strange final request. Petya grabs the cactus, while Dmitri and Misha hold up their dead friend's legs, and they violate the body.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. "This is the KGB! We've received information that three counter-revolutionaries have tortured an old Bolshevik to death!"

No comments:

Post a Comment