Welcome, comrades!

The "Soviet joke," or anekdot , was a common staple of life east of the Iron Curtain. It was common among all walks of life, from ...

Monday, November 15, 2021

An American gives advice to a starving Russian

 An American tourist in the Soviet Union meets a Russian who is incredibly poor and starving. He gives the Russian some advice: "Do as I did. I went out in front of the White House and started eating hay. The President came out to me, asked what I was doing, and I told him I couldn't afford to buy food and needed to eat hay to survive. He was so moved that he helped me find a house and a job!"

The Russian tries this out and goes to Red Square, where he starts eating hay in front of the Kremlin. Chairman Khrushchev comes out and asks him what he's doing, and the Russian says he's so poor he needs to eat hay.

Khrushchev replies, "You should save that hay, we're supposed to have a long harsh winter! In the meantime, you should eat grass!"

No comments:

Post a Comment