Welcome, comrades!

The "Soviet joke," or anekdot , was a common staple of life east of the Iron Curtain. It was common among all walks of life, from ...

Saturday, November 13, 2021

A fire at the KGB headquarters

 One night in Archangelsk, there's an electrical fire at the local KGB headquarters and it burns to the ground.

The next morning, the phone operator gets an incoming call. "Put me through to the local KGB headquarters."

"Sorry, the KGB burned down."

A few minutes later, the operator gets another call. "Put me through to the KGB headquarters."

"Sorry, the KGB burned down."

A few minutes after that, someone calls again. "Put me through to the KGB headquarters."

"Sorry, the KGB- wait a minute, why are you calling me again? I already told you twice that the KGB burned down!"

"I know, I just like hearing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment