Welcome, comrades!

The "Soviet joke," or anekdot , was a common staple of life east of the Iron Curtain. It was common among all walks of life, from ...

Friday, November 12, 2021

An old veteran goes out to get some meat

 An old veteran goes out to get some meat for his dinner, but he comes home empty-handed because the line didn't have enough.

"I can't believe this! I fought for Lenin in the revolution and Stalin in the war, and this is how they treat me! If they run out again tomorrow, I'll give that commissar a piece of my mind!"

"Please don't say anything stupid, dear," his wife says, "or else they might shoot you for treason!"

The next day, the old veteran comes back, seething and empty-handed.

"Were they out of meat again?" his wife asks.

"Not only that, they're also out of bullets!"

Some variants feature a commissar shooting the man with an unloaded gun or yelling "Bang!" before sheepishly admitting he has no ammo.

No comments:

Post a Comment